Saturday, September 15, 2012

Corolla, North Carolina

 After Roanoke we headed to the Outer Banks for vacation.  We had a BLAST! We met mamaw (my mom) and Ron, and Auntie BT and Uncle Zac! David and I always talk about how much we LOVE the OBX and decided that we wanted my side of the family to see what the hype is all about.  Brittany/Zac and David and I planned the entire vacation and surprised mom for her birthday gift! We rented a house which was a 60 second walk from the beach!  We went to the beach every day, sometimes more than once and also enjoyed a lot of time at the pool and hot tub at our house. We did a lot of relaxing, playing, shopping, site seeing and just being together.  It was a WONDERFUL vacation and we all hated when it was time to pack up and come home! A funny memory I will share was a "conversation" between Nolan and David that went like this:  David had been playing out in the ocean for quite a while and when he came back in Nolan looked at him and said, "Fun, Daddy?" 

 He had a blast playing in the sand!
 Cy and Mamaw made this cool octopus!
 The boys wanted to bury me in the sand....
 and then wanted to be burried!

Nolan got very brave in the pool as the week progressed.  As I mentioned in an earlier post, he is not much for the water, but toward the end of the week he was all over the pool! :)

We decided that since it had been YEARS since our last vacation with my family that we would hire a photographer to come and take some family photos.  She did a PHENOMENAL job...here are a few to check out! 
















We had a great vacation and we praise the Lord for the good times, beautiful weather, and priceless memories that were made! We are so blessed with such a wonderful family!

1 comment:

Kristie and Lance said...

LOVE the family pictures!!!!! I laughed when I saw the picture of Nolan falling in the puddle. Sooo cute!